Here are just a few of them…
- CW offers a great opportunity to link up with other people who are doing their best to serve God through local Churches or personal ministry by working with families or children.
- CW is a family! We meet regularly at a regional level, so that we can really get to know each other and share experiences and aspirations! Our members communicate regularly through our on line forum and email, providing each other with important prayer support and advice.
- CW is a professional organisation! Whether they’re working in their own Church, or providing support to others – whether they’re working in schools, after school clubs, holiday clubs or other events – our members set their standards high, and encourage others to do the same. As a team we head up the children’s work at major events, including Whizz Kids at Spring Harvest, and our members lead children’s work at other major local, regional and national events.
- CW promotes development! We encourage our team members to grow – through offering training, support and mentoring opportunities. In addition to supporting each other, we require all our members to develop strong support networks within their Church and community, to enable them to be supported, practically and prayerfully as they develop their ministry.
- There is a monthly subscription of £21 per individual (or £25 per couple) for membership which covers organisational costs and provides for free attendance at our conference in January and other training events throughout the year. We are a ‘not for profit’ organisation and we encourage Churches to support our members by contributing to this.
- CW is part of a bigger picture! We are a key part of the Christian charity, Family Foundations Trust, which provides retreats, training and networking opportunities alongside our residential ‘Get Away’ ministry at Dalesdown in West Sussex. Dalesdown provides day and residential conference and activity opportunities to schools and Churches. As well as being the venue for our annual conference, Dalesdown is also the base for our administration team. Organisationally, our members work with a host of other major UK partners, including Children Matter, Urban Saints, Spring Harvest and many more.
We’d love to meet up and tell you more! Our best advocates are our members, so we’d love to put you in touch with someone who lives or works near you so we can encourage you to join us. We also run occasional ‘Introduction’ sessions, which involve a short presentation over coffee (or tea) and cake! With members across the UK, we’d love to have a conversation about how we can work together. Use our contact form, or call us on 01403 710712 to get things started!